Our Comprehensive Eye Health Exam goes beyond 20/20 to evaluate many important visual skills.
- Eye Health The eye, neural pathways, visual fields and eye pressure are evaluated to determine the presence of glaucoma, cataracts, diabetes, hypertension, and other ocular and systemic diseases.
- Refractive Status Evaluations are made for nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and the benefits of glasses and contact lenses.
- Visual Acuity at Near Distance Is vision clear and single at close distances? Clear sight at short distances is critical to reading, writing, close work and computer use.
- Visual Efficiency Evaluations are made for visual tracking, focusing and eye coordination ability to ensure maximum performance for school, work, and leisure activities.
- Eye Teaming Skills Do the two eyes aim, move, and work as a coordinated team? Weakness in binocular (two-eyed) vision and eye teaming skills can cause numerous difficulties.
- Eye Focusing Skills Do the eyes maintain clear vision at varying distances? Rapid automatic eye focus adjustment is critical to learning, reading, writing, sports, etc. Deficiencies can cause visual fatigue, reduced reading comprehension, and/or avoidance of close work or other activities.